The Letter To The Church of Philadelphia, Part 8
The positive impact of the Philadelphian Church Period upon the world cannot be overstated. Had it not been for the powerful move of God through the gospel during this period, it’s hard to say where the world would be right now.
However, the Devil didn’t roll over and die during this period! Some of the most devastating cults and false teachings against true Christianity also surfaced during this time in history. Their damnable impact is still being felt today as well. We’ll talk about how it happened.
Recap in 10 Tweets
- In the glories of the Philadelphian period, the mid to late 1800’s also gave rise to four key false philosophies. #WordStrong
- These philosophies are vital to understanding how Laodicea became Laodicea. They changed the world/Christianity. #WordStrong
- The four philosophies are: 1) Modernism/Higher Criticism; 2) Darwinism; 3) Freudianism; 4) Humanism. #WordStrong
- The devil was seeking to remove God from society through Modernism and Higher Criticism. #WordStrong
- The devil provided a quote-unquote “scientific” explanation about the origin of man through Darwinism. (1Tim. 6:20) #WordStrong
- The devil provided man a way to remove his guilt and deal with his problems other than through the Bible through Freudianism. #WordStrong
- Humanism was simply the natural result of these three major philosophies replacing God’s wisdom in man’s mind and in society. #WordStrong
- The final piece to the Philadelphian puzzle was the devil breaking man’s confidence in the authority of the Word of God. #WordStrong
- In the Thyatira/Sardis periods, the Bible was PHYSICALLY taken out of the hands of the common man by Catholics thru PERSECUTION. #WordStrong
- In the Laodicean period, the Bible was “PRACTICALLY” taken out of the hands of the common man by the Jesuits thru EDUCATION. #WordStrong