Back To The Future, Part 4
We will continue looking at what John reveals to us that we will see and experience immediately following the Rapture. It’s exciting stuff!
We’re going to be wading into the waters that the Bible reveals are above the sun, moon, stars, constellations and galaxies above the 2nd heaven…as well as identifying the four Beasts that are at the four corners of our Lord’s throne in the 3rd heaven.
My prayer is that in seeing all of these intriguing things, it will translate into such an anticipation of Christ’s return—that we “LOVE His appearing,” which 2 Timothy 4:8 says will secure for us a “Crown of Righteousness” at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
Recap in 10 Tweets
- John saw a SEA unlike any he’d ever seen: it wasn’t LIQUID, it was SOLID. It was a “sea of GLASS…like unto CRYSTAL,” or FROZEN. #WordStrong
- The “sea” John saw is the one described in Ps.148:3 at the top of the 2nd heaven: the “waters that be above the heavens.” #WordStrong
- These are the same waters to which Job 9:8 is referring when it says God “treadeth upon the waves of the SEA.” # WordStrong
- These are also the waters that Gen.1:7 says are ABOVE the firmament, as opposed to UNDER the firmament. #WordStrong
- Job 26:8–9 tell us these waters have been bound by God into clouds—they “hold back the face of His throne.” #WordStrong
- Job 38:30 adds: “The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.” # WordStrong
- Scripture is consistent: God makes His abode & has set His throne upon the vast waters of the deep, the face of which is frozen. #WordStrong
- As Leviathan approaches the throne thru these waters, by his path, one would think the deep to be hoary—or white. (Job 41:32) #WordStrong
- The 4 Beasts John sees are connected to the 4 Gospels, the 4 Living Creatures in Ezekiel and all that is supreme in Creation. #WordStrong
- The 4 Beasts are so much LIKE Jesus—because they are so much WITH Jesus! May we learn from their example. (2 Cor. 3:18) #WordStrong