The Most Important Doctrine In The Bible, Part 4
Do your best to work thru, Identifying The False Doctrines Concerning The Deity Of Christ In The Last Days, before continuing. In this session, we will look at Jesus’ own claims to be Jehovah God, as we transition back into the exposition of Revelation 1:8.
Recap in 10 Tweets
- Gainsayers: Why didn’t Jesus just flat-out say He was God? Here’s the deal, y’all…HE DID! #WordStrong
- In Jn.8:57, Jesus referred to Himself using the same exact name Jehovah used when He revealed Himself to Moses in Ex.3:14. #WordStrong
- The religious leaders knew Jesus was claiming to be Jehovah. That’s why they intended to stone Him in Jn.8:58. #WordStrong
- In Jn.10:30, Jesus again claims to be Jehovah, and again, the religious leaders intended to stone Him. #WordStrong
- Rev.1:8 is the clearest & greatest revelation in the entire Bible that Jesus is, in fact, Jehovah God. #WordStrong
- Saying, “I am Alpha & Omega,” Jesus claims to be OMNISCIENT. The 1st & final source of all knowledge. Rev.1:8 #WordStrong
- Saying, “I am the Beginning & Ending,” Jesus claims to be OMNIPRESENT. Past, present, future…& all at the same time. Rev.1:8 #WordStrong
- Saying, “I am THE ALMIGHTY,” Jesus claims to be OMNIPOTENT. Rev.1:8. #WordStrong
- Jesus is not just “A” God, but “THE” God. And not just “THE” God, but THE “ALMIGHTY” God! Rev.1:8. #WordStrong
- Jesus is “THE”…“ALMIGHTY”…“GOD”…Who is OMNISCIENT, OMNIPRESENT, and OMNIPOTENT. #WordStrong
- Identifying the _________________ _________________ to false prophets and teachers concerning the deity of Christ
- Identifying the _________________ of false doctrines concerning the deity of Christ
- Identifying the _________________ _________________ concerning the deity of Christ in the last days
Biblical Proof That Jesus Christ Is Jehovah God
- The Old Testament predicted a _______________ ______________ would come.
- The Bible specifically refers to _____________ _______________ as __________________.
- The _______________ reserved __________ for ________________ are applied to Jesus Christ.
- The _________________ that are characteristic __________ of _______________ are characteristic of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus receives the _______________ reserved __________ for __________________.
- Jesus Himself claims to be __________.
- John 8:12–59
- Jesus claims to be the GREAT “____ _____!”
- John 10:22–33
- Jesus claims to be __________ with the ______________. (10:30) Jesus claims to be __________ with __________. (10:33)
- Revelation 1:8
- He claims to be _________________. (1:8a) “I am Alpha and Omega…”
- He claims to be _________________. (1:8b)“the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord…”
- He claims to be ______________________. (1:8c, d) “which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
- Satan is incredibly ____________…But he’s not _________________________! Only Jehovah God is ______________________!
- Satan is unbelievably ___________…But he can’t be at _____ places at _________ time! Only Jehovah God is ______________________!
- Satan is extremely ______________…But he’s not ___________________________! Only Jehovah God is ______________________!
- John 8:12–59